The District of Columbia lost one individual through homicide this week:
- October 13 300 block of Parkland Place, SE (stabbing)
32-year-old Cortez Lamont Clark of Temple Hills, Maryland.
We are still in the 30-day period of mourning for these individuals, lost to homicide:
- Sep 9 300 block of Franklin St NE (assault of May 10)
65 year-old Santos Garcia, of no fixed address.
- Sep 11 unit block of Massachusetts
57 year-old William Thomas Wilson, Jr, of Southeast, DC.
- Sep 16 4200 block of East Capitol St NE
38 year-old Levi Kinte Davis, of Baltimore, Maryland.
- Sep 18 1800 block of Harvard Street, NW
25 year-old Charles Antonio Welch, of Fort Washington, Maryland.
- Sep 19 3200 block of 28th Street, SE
39 year-old Marcellus Green, of Southeast DC.
- Sep 19 2400 block of Elvans Road, Southeast
22 year-old Deontray Ingram, of Southeast DC.
- Sep 20 unit block of M Street NW
28 year-old Kuron Calleo, of Northeast DC.
- Sep 22 1400 block of V Street NW
29-year-old Delany Christopher Epps of Northeast, DC.
- September 26 2500 block of Elvans Road, Southeast
50-year-old Thomas Stalling of District Heights, MD.
- September 28 1100 block of Eaton Road, Southeast
21 year-old Ernest Massenberg-Bey, Jr. of Southeast, DC.
- October 3 700 block of H Street Northeast (gunshot)
32-year-old Jerome Leroy Wright of Northeast, D.C.
- October 6 600 block of 42nd Street Northeast (gunshot)
20-year-old Muhammad Washington of Northeast, DC
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.