The District of Columbia lost the following individuals through homicide this week:
- October 15 — 3200 block of 15th Place, SE (gunshot)
23-year-old Tavon Maurice Patterson of Southeast, DC.
- October 16 — 200 block of K Street, NW (stabbing)
24-year-old Joel David Midgett of Northwest, DC.
- October 19 — 1900 block of Capitol Avenue, NE (gunshot)
20 year-old Percy Williams of Northeast, D.C.
- October 20 — 2900 block of Sherman Avenue, Northwest (gunshot)
38-year-old Marcus Manor of Northwest, D.C.
We are still in the 30-day period of mourning for these individuals, lost to homicide:
- Sep 16 4200 block of East Capitol St NE
38 year-old Levi Kinte Davis, of Baltimore, Maryland.
- Sep 18 1800 block of Harvard Street, NW
25 year-old Charles Antonio Welch, of Fort Washington, Maryland.
- Sep 19 3200 block of 28th Street, SE
39 year-old Marcellus Green, of Southeast DC.
- Sep 19 2400 block of Elvans Road, Southeast
22 year-old Deontray Ingram, of Southeast DC.
- Sep 20 unit block of M Street NW
28 year-old Kuron Calleo, of Northeast DC.
- Sep 22 1400 block of V Street NW
29-year-old Delany Christopher Epps of Northeast, DC.
- September 26 2500 block of Elvans Road, Southeast
50-year-old Thomas Stalling of District Heights, MD.
- September 28 1100 block of Eaton Road, Southeast
21 year-old Ernest Massenberg-Bey, Jr. of Southeast, DC.
- October 3 700 block of H Street Northeast (gunshot)
32-year-old Jerome Leroy Wright of Northeast, D.C.
- October 6 600 block of 42nd Street Northeast (gunshot)
20-year-old Muhammad Washington of Northeast, DC
- October 13 300 block of Parkland Place, SE (stabbing)
32-year-old Cortez Lamont Clark of Temple Hills, Maryland.
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.