The District of Columbia lost the following individuals through violence this week:
- December 16 — 2500 block of 36th Place, SE (gunshot)
26-year-old Eric Brooks of Southeast, DC.
- December 17 — 1900 block of Bennett Place, NE
after December 10 shooting
53-year-old Charles Mayo of Northeast, DC.
- December 20 — 4100 block of 8th Street, NW (Stabbing)
17-year-old Jose Ochoa of Northwest, DC.
- 700 block of 24th Street, NE — December 21 (stabbing)
50-year-old Lenard Wills of Northwest, DC.
- November 17 — 1600 block of New York Avenue, NE (gunshot)
21-year-old Kevin DeAndre Wallace of Northeast, DC.
- November 18 — 2500 block of Park Place, Southeast (stabbing)
64-year-old Clarence M. Terry of Southeast, DC.
- November 19 — 100 block of Danbury Street, Southwest (gunshot)
19-year-old Kevontae Jones of Southeast, DC.
- November 19 — 5300 block of Dix Street, Southeast
police involved shooting
34-year-old Darick Napper of Southeast, Washington.
- November 23 — 2500 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, Southeast (gunshot)
24-year-old Dwayne Grandson of Northeast, DC.
- December 4 — 5200 block of C Street, SE (gunshot)
46-year-old Sean Dillard of Southeast
- December 5 — 1300 block of First Street, SW (gunshot)
20-year-old Kwaza K. Blue of Southwest, DC.
- December 9 — 3500 block of East Capitol Street, SE (gunshot)
23-year-old Michael Tyrone Jones, Jr. of Southeast, DC.
- 2006 shooting in 1900 block of 18th Street SE (gunshot)
declared homicide following victim’s November death in 2006 shooting
25-year-old Gary Brown of Northwest, DC
- December 15 — 4700 block of 1st Street, SW (gunshot)
30-year-old Arthur Baldwin of Upper Marlboro, MD.
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.