The District of Columbia residents lost the following individual through violence this week:
February 10 — 1900 Block of 18th Street, SE (shooting)
23-year-old Maurico Walker of Northeast, DC.
A weekly post appears on Thursday mornings. Subscribe for weekly updates.
- January 20 — 200 Block of Anacostia Road, SE (gunshot)
23-year-old Timon M. Jones of Southeast, DC.
- January 22 — 400 block of M Street, NW (gunshot)
37 year-old Matthew Shevlin of Northwest, DC.
- January 27, 2106 — 300 block of 37th Street, SE (stabbing)
35-year-old Robert Leroi Wiggins, of Southeast, DC.
- January 31, 2016 — 1100 block of 17th Street, NW (stabbing)
29-year-old Robinson Pal of Riverdale, Maryland.
- February 1, 2016 — 53rd Street and Clay Terrace, NE (police-involved shooting)
36-year-old Peter John of no fixed address
- February 9, 2016 — unit block of M Street NW (shooting)
28-year-old Jamar Morris of Northwest, DC.
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.