The District of Columbia residents lost the following individual through violence this week:
- April 11 — 4700 block of Minnesota Avenue, NE (stabbing)
15-year-old John Rufus Evans III , of Northeast
- March 11, 2016 — 1000 Block of 44th Street, NE (shooting)
22-year-old James Stewart, of Northeast
- March 16 — 3400 Block of Benning Road, NE (shooting)
29-year-old Darnell Lee Richardson of Cheverly, MD.
- March 17 — 800 block of Chesapeake SE (shooting March 9)
27-year-old Aubrey Dansbury of Southeast, DC.
- March 22 — 4800 block of Benning Road, SE (stabbing)
18-year-old Amanjane La-Shell Whitley, of Southeast, DC.
- March 24 — 2600 block of Birney Place, SE (shooting)
46-year-old Gabriel Carlos Turner, of Southeast
- March 26 — 4700 block of Minnesota Avenue, NE (shooting)
15-year-old Davonte Washington, of Northeast, DC.
killed on Metro platform in front of mother and two young sisters
- March 31 — 1300 block of Nicholson Street, NW
55-year-old Sheldon Scott Gordy, of Northwest
victim died on 1/5/16, due to blunt force trauma; death ruled homicide 3/31/16
- April 3 — 300 block of Delafield Place, NW
43-year-old Medina Michelle Thornton, of Northwest died
due to earlier (9/19/15) blunt force trauma; death declared homicide
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.