The District of Columbia lost the following individuals through violence this week:
- July 13 — 200 block of Division, NE (July 4 shooting)
22-year-old Deeniqua Dodds of Northeast.
- July 15 — 400 block of Burbank Street, SE (trauma)
29-year-old Jerimi Stephan Meade of Southeast.
- July 15 — 4300 block of 4th Street, SE (shooting)
20-year-old Sharod Harris of Southwest.
- June 14 — 2900 block of 14th Street, NW (shooting)
20-year-old Devonte Crawford of Northwest
- June 15/April 17 — 100 block of Ridge Road, SE (shooting)
fatal shooting April 16, death April 17; homicide declared June 15
59-year-old Charles Wilbert Lancaster, of Southeast
- June 18 — 700 block of Kentucky Avenue, SE (shooting)
40-year-old Stephanie Goodloe of Southeast
- June 20 — 1600 block of Montello Avenue, NE (shooting)
59-year-old Wayne Jerome Dailey of Northeast
- June 26 — 900 block of Wahler Place, SE (shooting)
38-year-old Westley Blackwell of Southeast.
- June 27 — 100 block of Varnum Street, NE (police-involved shooting)
63-year-old Sherman Evans of Northeast.
- June 29 — 800 block of Bladensburg Road, NE (shooting)
25-year-old Matheno El of no fixed address. (Victim identified 7/1)
- July 2 — 200 block of 50th Street, NE (shooting)
35-year-old John Williams III of Northeast.
- July 2 — 3500 block of 18th Street, SE (shooting)
30-year-old Antoine McCullough of Southeast
- July 3 — 300 block of V Street, NE (shooting)
42-year-old Omar Lindsay of no fixed address.
- July 4 — 1300 block of 49th Street, NE (Metro police shooting)
21-year-old Sidney Washington Jr. of Southeast
- July 9 — 2300 block of Hartford Street, SE (stabbing)
50-year-old Alan Smith, of Southeast, DC.
- July 10 — 2100 block of Flagler Place, NW (shooting)
27-year-old Seth Conrad Rich, of Northwest
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.