The District of Columbia lost the following individual to violence this past week:
- February 12 — 3800 block of 8th Street, SE (shooting)
30-year-old Kenny Bell, of Southeast
- January 16 — 2400 block of Elvans Road, SE (shooting)
68-year-old Vivian Marrow of Southeast
mother of 3, grandmother of 11; important community presence
- January 17 — 600 block of 14th Place, NE (shooting)
22-year-old Ronnell Tye Reaves of Suitland, MD.
- January 17 — 4400 block of Hayes Street, NE (shooting)
44-year-old Anthony Irving, of Northeast.
advocate for returning citizens
- January 24 — 1600 block of Benning Road, NE (shooting)
35-year-old Willie Starkey, of Northeast
- January 29 — 200 block of 51st Street, NE (shooting)
34-year-old Wilson Agbebaku, of Oxon Hill, MD.
- February 1 — 900 block of Eastern Avenue, NE (shooting)
25-year-old Tyronn Julius Hodges, of Landover, MD.
- February 5 — Unit block of Burns Street, NE (shooting)
17-year-old Derronn Stover, of Southeast
- February 7 — 1500 block of Irving Street, NE (shooting)
25-year-old Cheval Reid, of Southeast, DC.
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.