The District of Columbia lost the following individuals to violence this past week:
- March 10 — 2300 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, SE (shooting)
24-year-old Tyrone Johnson, of Southeast
- March 11 — 1800 block of Bruce Place, SE (stabbing)
51-year-old Dennis Lee Wise, of Southeast
- March 11 — 4000 block of South Capitol Street, SE (stabbing)
26-year-old Leonte Butler, of no fixed address.
- February 12 — 3800 block of 8th Street, SE (shooting)
30-year-old Kenny Bell, of Southeast
- February 17 — 900 block of 12th Street, NE (shooting)
53-year-old Eric Linnair Wright, of Northwest
- February 17 — 700 block of 21st Street, NE (assault)
63-year-old Walter Mack Clark, of Southeast
- February 24 — 1200 block of Holbrook Street, NE (officer-involved shooting)
47-year-old Timothy Lionel Williams, of no fixed address.
- February 27 — Unit Block of Hanover Place, NW (shooting)
31-year-old James Mace III, of Northwest.
- March 3 — 200 block of Rhode Island Avenue, NE (3/2 assault)
41-year-old Desmond Joseph, of Northeast
- March 4 — 2700 block of Langston Place, SE (shooting)
34-year-old Delonta Alexander, of Southwest
- March 5 — 3500 block of Wheeler Road, SE (3/1 shooting)
28-year-old Andrew McPhatter, of Southeast
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.