13The District of Columbia lost the following individuals to violence in the past week:
- April 16 — 600 block of C Street, NE (stabbing)
79-year-old David Norwood of Northeast
- April 17 — 1200 block of Stevens Road, SE (stabbing)
53-year-old David Blakeney, of Southeast
- April 17 — 2200 block of Mount View Place, SE (shooting)
37-year-old Darryl Knight, of Northwest
- March 17 — 2200 block of Minnesota Avenue, SE (shooting)
33-year-old Steven Edward Stewart Jr., of Southeast
- March 17 — 4000 block of Cole Boulevard, SE (shooting)
43-year-old Bernard Coleman, of Southeast
- March 21 — 4300 block of Benning Road, NE (3/20 shooting)
18-year-old Ayana McAllister, of Upper Marlboro, MD
college student home on break (WUSA9 story; story in Washington Post)
- March 21 — 600 block of 14th Street, NE (stabbing)
34-year-old Corrina Mehiel, of Burnsville, NC
artist/art teacher at Corcoran School of the Arts & Design (NBC report)
- March 23 — 1900 block of 13th Street, SE (shooting)
38-year-old Daquan Hooks, of Northeast
- March 24 — 1900 block of Fairlawn Avenue, SE (shooting)
32-year-old Maurice Nathaniel Jackson of Southeast
- March 25 — 1500 block of White Place, SE (shooting)
24-year-old Nathaniel Davis, of Accokeek, MD.
- March 28 — 2100 block of Alabama Avenue, SE (shooting)
31-year-old Antwan Jones, of Arlington, VA.
- March 31 — 4200 block of Anacostia Avenue, NE (3/21 stabbing)
75-year-old Leoncio Loza, of Northeast
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.