As of 9 p.m. June 7, the District of Columbia had no deaths due to violence in the prior week, June 1 – June 7.
- May 5 — 4600 block of Benning Road, SE (shooting)
36 year-old Michael Dupree Price, of Southeast
- May 9 — 100 block of Irvington Street, SW (shooting)
25-year-old Damonta Thompson, of Southwest
- May 10 — 6100 block of Banks Place, NE (shooting)
24 year-old Dejon Charles Sutton of Northeast
- May 16 — 100 block of Joliet Street, SW (officer-involved shooting)
41-year-old Isabelle Duval of Winchester, VA.
- May 20 — 100 block of Joliet Street, SW (stabbing)
49-year-old Derrick Roach, of Southwest.
- May 22 — 3900 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, SE (shooting)
35-year-old Antonio Bassett, of Southeast
- May 22 — 1100 block of K Street, SE (stabbing)
31-year-old Whitney Jones, of Riverdale, MD.
- May 27 — 100 block of Q Street, NW (shooting)
32 year-old Algernon Harvey Jones, of Southeast
- May 28 — 5200 block of Dix Street, NE (shooting)
24-year-old Wayne Joaquin, of Southeast
- May 30 — 700 block of 18th Street, NE (shooting)
25-year-old DeAndre Riley, of Southeast
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.