The District of Columbia lost the following individuals to violence in the last week:
- September 9 — 2800 block of Stanton Road, SE (shooting)
18-year-old Taquan Pinkney, of Southeast
- September 9 — 3100 block of 16th Street, NW (stabbing)
37-year-old Israel Gomez of Northwest
- September 10 — 800 block of Chesapeake Street, SE (shooting)
23-year-old Abdual Giles, of no fixed address
We are still in the 30-day mourning period for the following individuals lost to violence in the District:
- August 8, 2018 — 4400 block of Livingston Road, SE (shooting)
44-year-old Denard Orlando Hartwell, of Northeast
- August 14 — 6200 block of Dix Street, NE (shooting)
25-year-old Kayvon Herder, of no fixed address
- August 18 — 500 block of Rhode Island Avenue, NE (stabbing)
35-year-old Franklin Byers, of no fixed address.
- August 19 — 3900 block of Southern Avenue, SE (shooting)
35-year-old Keith Douglas, of Southeast, DC.
- August 23 — 600 block of Evarts Street, NE (shooting)
25-year-old Travis Barksdale, of Northeast
- August 26 — 600 block of 46th Place, SE (shooting)
28-year-old Piera Sterling Barbour, of Suitland, MD
- August 27 — 1900 block of 9th Street, NW (shooting)
22-year-old Phillip Dumbuya, of Hyattsville, MD.
- August 27 — 33900 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, SE (shooting)
36-year-old Tony Lamont Payne, Jr., of Oxon Hill, MD.
- September 1 — 1500 block of T Street, SE (shooting)
28-year-old Carl Day-Baker, of Southeast
On March 5, two 1985 deaths in the Unit Block of Quincy Place, NW, were re-classified from accidental to homicide:
- 42-year-old Bessie Mae Duncan
- 40-year old Roy Picott, both of Northwest
- Three skeletal remains, all declared homicides, found on 100 block of Wayne, SE, are yet to be identified
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.