The District of Columbia lost the following individuals to violence in recent days:
- March 6– 5000 block of D Street, SE (stabbing)
40-year-old Natina Kiah, of Southeast
- March 7 — Unit block of Haley Place SE (shooting elsewhere)
location of homicide is under investigation
27-year-old Brian Kennedy, Jr., of Temple Hills, MD
A weekly post recognizing those lost to homicide in the District appears appears on Thursday mornings. Subscribe for weekly updates.
We are still in the 30-day mourning period for the following individuals lost to violence in the District:
- February 14 — 1700 block of Hamlin Street, NE (shooting)
32-year-old David Anthony Remen, of La Crosse, WI.
- February 15 — 100 block of Harry Thomas Way, NE (shooting)
20-year-old Matthew Washington, of Northwest
- February 22 — 1600 block of Benning Road, NE (stabbing)
39-year-old Jason Wood, of Northwest
- February 24 — 600 block of 46th Place, SE (shooting)
33-year-old Mark Mosley, of Northwest
- February 24 — 4300 block of Georgia Avenue, NW (shooting)
30-year-old David Elijah Brandon, of Burtonsville, MD.
- February 25 — 4700 block of 1st Street, SW (shooting)
35-year-old Georgette Goodman, of Southwest
- February 27 — 400 block of 37th Place, SE (2/19/19 shooting)
19-year-old Corey Farmer, of Southeast
- February 27 — 1300 block of Monroe Street, NW (shooting)
23-year-old Jamal Kwame Crump, of Northwest
- March 1 — 2600 block of Wade Road, SE (shooting)
64-year-old Jawaid Bhutto, of Southeast
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.