The District of Columbia lost the following individuals to violence in recent days:
- March 30 — 300 block of 62nd Street, NE (shooting)
54-year-old Anthony Williams, of no fixed address.
- April 1 — 3300 block of Alabama Avenue, SE (shooting)
44-year-old Rodney Gordon, of Southeast
- April 1 — 4600 block of Hillside Road, SE (shooting)
28-year-old Maurice Wheeler, of no fixed address.
A weekly post recognizing those lost to homicide in the District appears appears on Thursday mornings. Subscribe for weekly updates.
We are still in the 30-day mourning period for the following individuals lost to violence in the District:
- February 27 — 400 block of 37th Place, SE (2/19/19 shooting)
19-year-old Corey Farmer, of Southeast
- February 27 — 1300 block of Monroe Street, NW (shooting)
23-year-old Jamal Kwame Crump, of Northwest
- March 1 — 2600 block of Wade Road, SE (shooting)
64-year-old Jawaid Bhutto, of Southeast
- March 6– 5000 block of D Street, SE (stabbing)
40-year-old Natina Kiah, of Southeast
- March 7 — Unit block of Haley Place SE (shooting elsewhere)
location of homicide is under investigation
27-year-old Brian Kennedy, Jr., of Temple Hills, MD
- March 14 — 1300 block of Columbia Road, NW (shooting)
25-year-old Dawud Debruhl of Northwest
- March 17 — 1800 Block of Q Street, SE (assault)
37-year-old Ahmed Simms, of Southeast
- March 17 — 500 block of Montana Avenue, NE (stabbing)
59-year-old Thurman Knight, of Northeast
- March 19 — 4300 block of G Street, SE (March 16 blunt force)
3-month-old Skylar Newman of Southeast
- March 23 — 1200 block of Brentwood Road, NE (shooting)
23-year-old Rafiq Hawkins, of Northeast
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.