The District of Columbia lost the following individual to violence in recent days:
- May 9, 2019 — 800 block of Xenia Street, SE (shooting)
28-year-old Mark Milline Jr., of Southeast
A weekly post recognizing those lost to homicide in the District appears appears on Thursday mornings. Subscribe for weekly updates. This post sent slightly early due to Passover holiday.
We are still in the 30-day mourning period for the following individuals lost to violence in the District:
- April 9 — 600 block of Galveston Place, SE (assault)
62-year-old Arnold Smith, of Southeast
- April 13 — 1000 block of Southern Avenue, SE (stabbing)
46-year-old Chester Belfield, of Temple Hills, MD
- April 15 — 2400 block of Pomeroy Road, SE (shooting)
31-year-old Antwan Hucks, of Oxon Hill, MD
- April 17 — 5100 block of Southern Avenue, SE (shooting)
57-year-old Barry Holmes, of Temple Hills, MD
- April 22 — 5300 block of E Street, SE (shooting)
24-year-old Deandre Hawkins, of No Fixed Address
- April 27 — 5200 block of Canal Road, NW (sharp force injuries)
Decedent still (late 5/1) not identified
- April 28 — 700 block of 14th Street, SE (stabbing)
40-year-old Jamal Ferrell, of Southeast
- April 30 — 4400 block of G Street, SE (shooting)
22-year-old Devante Moody, of Southeast
- May 1 — 3300 block of D Street, SE (shooting)
23-year-old Dajuan Donald Hart, of Southeast
- May 5 — 3000 block of Stanton Road, SE (shooting)
18-year-old Saoun Coplins, of Northeast
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.