No homicides were reported in the District of Columbia between Jan 16 and Jan 22!
We are still in the 30-day mourning period for the following individuals lost to violence in the District:
- December 19 — 3900 block of Minnesota Avenue, NE (shooting)
28-year-old Richard Washington, of Northeast, DC
- December 21 — 400 block of 42nd Street, NE (shooting)
28-year-old Nyesha Lenea Galloway, of Hyattsville, MD
- December 23 — 4200 block of 4th Street, SE (shooting)
27-year-old Tyshaun Turner, of Southeast, DC
- December 26 — 1800 block of Corcoran Street, NE (shooting)
26-year-old Andre Carroll, of no fixed address.
- December 28 — unit block of Riggs Road, NE (shooting)
28-year-old Tarriq Childs, of Silver Spring, MD
- December 30 — 600 block of M Street, NE (shooting)
21-year-old Jibri West, of Northeast
- December 30 — 4200 block of Barnaby Road, SE (shooting by security)
26-year-old Mia Penny, of no fixed address.
Identity released 1/7/20 (transgender woman previously mis-identified)
- January 4 — Unit block of K Street, NW (shooting)
39-year-old Anthony Ward, of Northwest
- January 4 — 2000 block of 19th Place, SE (shooting)
60-year-old Charles Robinson, of Southeast
- January 5 — 1200 block of U Street, NW (assault)
22-year-old Dy’Mani Priestley, of Hyattsville, MD.
- January 5 — 1400 block of 3rd Street, SW (shooting)
26-year-old Xavier Tate, of Northeast
- January 6 — 2400 block of Franklin Street, NE (shooting)
38-year-old Lamar Walters, of Northeast
- January 6 — 3700 block of Minnesota Avenue, NE (shooting)
21-year-old Tia Carey, of Southeast
- January 8 — 1300 block of 7th Street, NW (shooting)
18-year-old Malick Cisse, of Northwest
- January 12 — 700 block of 24th Street, NE (1/11 shooting)
41-year-old Tavon Cox, of Baltimore, MD.
- January 14 — 2400 block of Virginia Avenue, NW (stabbing)
48-year-old Kevin Chamberlain, of no fixed address.
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.