The District of Columbia residents lost the following individuals through violence this week:
- May 8 — 2900 Block of Nelson Place, SE (shooting)
34-year-old Don Lavae Williams, Jr. of Waldorf, MD
- May 10 — 4000 block of Wheeler Road, SE (shooting)
22-year-old Jaquan Lamont Haney of Southeast, DC.
- April 11 — 4700 block of Minnesota Avenue, NE (stabbing)
15-year-old John Rufus Evans III , of Northeast
- April 15 — 4400 block of Livingston Road, SE (stabbing)
37-year-old Paul Ivey, of Southeast
- April 17 — 2500 block of 17th Street, NW (gunshot)
35-year-old Jayvon Marshman, of Southeast
- April 21 — 1600 block of 16th Street, SE (shooting)
34-year-old Matthew Edward Smith, of Southeast
- April 22 — 4000 block of Tunlaw Road, NW (stabbing)
61-year-old Cheryl Robin Schafer, of Falls Church, VA.
- April 23 — 800 block of Kennedy Street, NW (stabbing)
38-year-old Dimas Fuentes-Lazo of Northwest.
- April 26 — 1200 Block of North Capitol Street, NW (stabbing)
27-year-old Kenneth Eugene Jackson of Northwest.
- April 27 — 4900 Block of Just Street, NE (4/23 shooting)
23-year-old Nuru Frenche of Brandywine, MD.
- May 3 — 4500 block of Illinois Ave, NW (shooting)
21-year-old Josiah Jones of Northwest
- May 3 — 4200 block of Nannie Helen Burroughs Avenue, NE (bus)
40-year-old Anthony Payne of Northwest
#SayThisName for each person lost.
Share this list.
Data are taken from DC’s Metropolitan Police Department notices. (See “About” for a little more.)
For thoughts on responding from a faith perspective, please visit Song Every Day.